Translate

Tuesday 11 February 2014

What happens when.....

So what happens when you live in a small house and have a really bad quilting habit???
Your Husband says "I would really like to sit at the table and eat!"
So he gets you one of these.....




This is my Quilting Bus!!

It's kind of the girl version of a man cave.

It fits probably 3/4 of my things inside. But what is still in the house is all neat and tidy.


 Where the driver use to sit now is a big table with my sewing machine set up.
It has huge windows so great for natural light.
I had the best time sorting all my fabric out. It's amazing what you have that you forget about. Kind of like Christmas for a fabric-a-holic.
Now I need to do an outdoor area to sit outside and sew, so for my birthday I asked for vouchers for the local garden center to buy all the things I need.
I just love it!!!

My boys are all fighting over who claims it once my new big room is finished later this year, but I will be kind of sad to move out of the quilting bus.

I also just made this pin cushion for a swap in my Jo Morton Little Women's club with the Rabbits Lair Fabric Shop in USA.
We have a secret swapper and have to use all "Jo" fabrics. I should of made 2!!


Thanks for dropping by.
Lisa


6 comments:

  1. WOW what a fab sewing space.. the bus is perfect!! I LOVE your pincushion too!!
    I've just made a hexie pincushion glued inside a footed vintage dish for my pincushion swap partner, we belong to an online small quilt group.. it was so much fun :)) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space and you have it set out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa!! What a fabulous space! But did I see mention a dedicated room????? That sounds great too! Can't wait to see what you do with the garden space. (Can you get your husband to talk to mine about a larger room??!!). Gorgeous pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow...can I have one like that too?

    ReplyDelete